Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Lotus

The Lotus is a beautiful flower. It grows deep in the mud, the deeper the mud it's growing in, the more beautiful it blossoms when it comes up. Right now I think we can all agree that we're in some pretty deep mud, we're not waist deep, we're in over our heads. But it's okay, we'll make it - only if we want to.
   You can't give up, keep pushing, keep moving, you'll make it. In every dark cloud there's a silver lining. It gets hard, I've given up too many times. But here I am, the strongest I think I've ever been. And it's only been two years since my attack. I say only because in reality that's not long, but to me it seems like ages. I'm sure I'll have my weak days, and I'll share them with you as well as my strong days. That's how we get through and survive life after rape/molestation/abuse. We share our stories for those who are too afraid to share theirs. By us sharing our stories, we help give others strength to do the same.
   I wear a lotus necklace, everyday, every night, through every shower, all the time. I received it on Christmas the year of my attack from my mother. I wear it all the time because it symbolizes so much. Where I've been, what I've seen, who I was, who I am, the people who help me on my journey to recovery, the ones who stuck by my side through it all, it symbolizes God, everything and everyone I love. It symbolizes who I am.
   We're in the deepest, thickest, mud that almost feels like quick sand, but hey, you know what? We'll help ourselves and each other get out of this, and when we do, we'll blossom beautifully.




No comments:

Post a Comment