Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Story. (the 1st time I've told it since my police statement.)

*Be aware this can cause triggering!*
t was summer in Rochester, NY and I was 16. Right around this time I've developed an attitude, one that made me think I was old enough to be my own boss and nobody else can tell me what to do. This caused so many arguments with my mom and I. Everyday it was an argument over something soo dumb. July 23rd we had been arguing all day, I don't even know what it started over. Anyways, by the time 3am came around I walked out of the door and was never seen again. I just left out of frustration and anger. I walked around for a little while, texted my mom trying to work things out, got more frustrated, and then my phone died. I couldn't go back home. Or at least I thought I couldn't. I walked down the road about 5 miles to the mall, I tried to turn my phone on one more time to text someone to come pick me up. No one was awake, but there was one person who I knew would be up, and had a car. I won't change names, I'm telling it like it is. His name is Daryl Malcolm. He's serving 7 years in Cayuga State Prison in NY. Keep in mind he was 26 years old, I was 16. I texted him and said I had a fight with my mom, no where to to, can you come get me at the mall. He said he'd be there asap. I barely knew this guy. He was an acquaintance. I probably talked to him 3 times prior to this. He played in my friends band, that's how I knew of him. I had his number because he had given it to me at a concert one night, but we hadn't texted. An hour later he arrived at the mall, I was soaking wet from the rain I had walked through, I was drenched. I got in his truck and he looked at me and said "You look like you need a drink" being 16, i thought okay whatever. We drove to the liquor store. I didn't talk much, I felt pretty sick about the whole argument with my mom. He bought us hypnotic. I'll never drink it again. Anyways, some parts are still fuzzy to me, everything is all twisted in my mind, I can't think straight when it comes to talking about this. But eventually we ended up at a Rite Aid in his town (he lived in a whole different town than mine) he bought me body wash and shavers so I could go to his house and get clean. We ended up back at his house, I didn't shower. I got to his couch in the living room and went to sleep. I was really upset, I just wanted to sleep. Everything happend so fast it was mind blowing, didn't make sense, one hour i was in the city, the next I was out in the sticks with this guy I didn't know very well. I was at his hour for 10 days. I had no idea where exactly I was, how far I was from home, if my mom was okay, what I was supposed to do. It was hard to think when I had him feeding my alcohol EVERY night, and weed from the morning to night. It's amazing how fuzzy my memory is, I read my police statement and can't even remember some of the things I talked about in it. I think I've blocked out a lot, but I remember the important things. One night we went to a music fest thing and he was on mushrooms and tried to give me some, I didn't take them. I remember him driving us back to his house high of mushrooms, I remember being scared. I didn't eat too much, I'm not going to get into details but after the argument with my mom, I didn't know if she was dead or alive, that's why I was so upset. All this time Daryl had me at his house, sheltered from anybody looking for me, my mom had a endangered missing person report out. She nearly died looking for me. All the time Daryl knew she was looking for me. He kept me, never asked if I wanted to call my mom when he KNEW I was upset crying about her. My friend Aaron told Daryl my mom was looking for me, he never told me. He hid me from our friend Aaron.  The band Daryl and Aaron were in were supposed to practice, but didn't because he was hiding me. The next thing I remember is the night it happend. It was exactly like every other night, we sat down on the couch, drank alcohol, and watched tv. He picked up my drink and said it felt warm. He went to go put ice in it. I heard him stirring the ice, which I thought was weird, but didn't care. He kept pressuring me to drink more and faster. He wouldn't stop. Then before I knew it I didn't feel okay. Everything got blurry, I couldn't see right. I know he noticed. That's why he got up and walked towards his room and said "I want to show you something" and told me to follow him. Stupidly, I followed him. When  I stood up I didn't know what was wrong with me, I had never gotten drunk before so I just thought I must have been drunk. I felt fuzzy and blurry and couldn't walk right. I saw more than one of him, didn't know which one was really him. And even stupider ( if that's a word) I plopped myself right on the edge of his bed and said "What do you wanna show me?" It was over from there. I had no control I was fucked up on whatever he gave me, there was no stopping it. I tried. I really tried. I calmly asked him what he was doing, I screamed. I yelled. I freaked out. I hit him. There wasn't anything to do. So I cried. I just cried.
That's all for now guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment